Serica Taps Ensco 80 to Drill in UK Irish Sea
Serica has secured the use of the Ensco 80 jackup drilling rig for an exploration well on the Conan prospect in UK East Irish Sea Blocks 113/26b and 113/27c. Mobilization of the drilling rig to the East Irish Sea is expected to commence in April 2010.
The rig has been contracted through AGR Peak Well Management Limited and the expected duration of the well is 24 days excluding mobilization and demobilization.
Serica is the operator of Blocks 113/26b and 113/27c and holds a 65% interest. Its partner, Agora Oil & Gas (UK) AS holds the remaining 35% interest, subject to completion of the farm-out agreement announced on January 20, 2010.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Serica Energy more info
- Erskine Field Production Start-Up Delayed (Aug 23)
- Serica Completes Acquisition of 18% Stake in North Sea Erskine Field (Jun 05)
- Sidi Moussa Well Offshore Morocco Finds Oil (Oct 20)