J. Ray, Keppel Get a Leg Up on Papa Terra Project
J. Ray McDermott was awarded a project for the P-61 Tension Leg Wellhead Platform ("TLWP") for the Papa Terra Joint Venture, consisting of Petrobras and Chevron.
J. Ray's scope is part a larger project, comprising design, engineering, construction, transportation, installation, and a three-year limited operations contract, that was awarded to FloaTEC Singapore Pte, Ltd., a joint venture between Keppel FELS Ltd. and J. Ray. Almost all the work will be carried out through the combined resources of Keppel FELS, J. Ray and FloaTEC LLC, the US-based joint venture company that will perform global engineering and basic design work. The value of J. Ray's project will be included in McDermott's Offshore Oil and Gas Construction segment backlog during the first quarter of 2010.
"This project combines the proprietary technology, global engineering excellence, project management, construction resources and broad industry experience of three leading offshore specialists to provide the right deepwater solution for this challenging deepwater environment," said Stephen Johnson, President and Chief Executive Officer of J. Ray McDermott.
The TLWP will be constructed by Keppel FEL's BrasFELS yard in Angra dos Reis, Brazil. J. Ray will fabricate the tendons, temporary buoyancy modules and piles at J. Ray's Morgan City facility in Louisiana. The FloaTEC Singapore joint venture will supply risers, well systems and tendon components, and J. Ray will install the facility in the Papa Terra field using its Derrick Barge 50, a specialized deepwater construction vessel. J. Ray will also provide topsides engineering, and procurement services. The project is targeted for completion by mid-2013.
Editor's Note: According to Dow Jones Newswires, the contract awarded to Keppel and J.Ray's 50-50 joint venture is estimated at US $1 billion.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)