Dragon Oil Awards New Jackup Contract to Yantai
Dragon Oil has awarded a contract, subject to the signing of a formal contract within the next 60 days, to Yantai Raffles Offshore Ltd. for lease and management of a new build Super M2 jackup rig in the Cheleken Contract Area.
The M2 jackup rig will be constructed as a self-elevating drilling unit in accordance with international marine construction standards. The M2 jackup rig is expected to be constructed and mobilized to the Cheleken Contract Area in Q4 2011. Upon delivery, the lease and management contract is expected to commence for an initial duration of five years, with an option to extend it for a further period of up to two years.
Dr. Abdul Jaleel Al Khalifa, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "I am pleased to announce that Dragon Oil has awarded a contract for lease and management of a new build Super M2 jackup rig commencing in Q4 2011. This contract gives us an excellent opportunity to secure the rig we want and for a longer period than would otherwise be possible in the open market. In 2009, we achieved significant progress with securing rigs for the development of the Cheleken Contract Area and today's announcement underscores our commitment to work in the same direction."
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)
Company: Dragon Oil more info
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)