Saudi Aramco Taps Keppel for First Purpose-Built Jackup
Keppel FELS has secured a contract from Aramco Overseas Company B.V., a subsidiary of Saudi Aramco, the world's largest producer and exporter of crude oil and natural gas liquids, to build a customized KFELS Super B Class jackup rig.
The contract is subject to a notice from the owner to proceed with construction by May 2010.
Upon rig delivery, which is slated in the second half of 2012, the unit will be deployed by Saudi Aramco in the Middle East.
"With a record-setting number of 13 newly built rigs delivered in 2009, Keppel FELS has proved its ability to meet these requirements and more," said Wong Kok Seng, Executive Director of Keppel FELS. "Backed by strong in-house engineering expertise, these rigs were ready to start work as soon as they arrived on location.
"The fact that Saudi Aramco has chosen Keppel to build their very first purpose-built, next-generation mobile offshore drilling rig based on our proprietary design strongly endorses our reputation for excellence," Seng added.
To date, 31 KFELS B Class rigs have already been delivered with another two under construction.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)