Statoil Clinches Drilling Permit for North Sea Wellbore
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for wellbore 6608/10-14 S, which will be drilled by the Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The drilling program for wellbore 6608/10-14 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 128. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with a 63.95 percent ownership interest. Other licensees are Petoro AS (24.55 percent) and Eni Norge AS (11.50 percent).
Well 6608/10-14 S is located about 15 km northeast of the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea. The production license consists of parts of blocks 6608/10 and 6608/11. The production license was awarded in licensing round 10 B in 1986.
Wildcat well 6608/10-14 S is the 24th exploration well in production license 128.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)