Greatship Takes Delivery of New Geotechnical PSV
Keppel Singmarine, the specialized shipbuilding arm of Keppel O&M, has delivered a platform supply geotechnical vessel on schedule to Greatship Global Offshore Services Pte. Ltd. The vessel has been bareboat chartered to GC Rieber Shipping Asia Pte Ltd.
Unlike standard platform supply vessels, Greatship Maya is a multi-functional enhanced offshore support vessel equipped with drilling unit, which is capable of operating at water depths of up to 1,800 meters. She is also able to perform real-time in-situ tests from downhole or seabed mode as well as various geotechnical laboratory tests onboard.
The 94-meter long vessel is equipped with two units of electrical driven 2600KW Azimuth thrusters and three units of 1050KW tunnel thrusters to achieve a Dynamic Positioning II capability. It has a moon pool and 1000 square meters of clear deck space for the installation of drilling derrick, line tensioner winches, mud pumps, hydraulic unit and various specialised containers for performing geotechnical services. Greatship Maya is the first state-of-the-art vessels that Keppel Singmarine is building for Greatship and customising for geotechnical services for GC Rieber.
The vessel will be deployed by GC Rieber and partner company Bluestone Offshore Pte Ltd in Australia in the first quarter of 2010.
- Keppel Singmarine to Deliver Newbuild Seaways 24 Anchor Handling Tug Soon (Aug 10)
- Keppel Singmarine Bags $74M Contracts from Jan De Nul to Build 3 Dredgers (Jul 21)
- McDermott to Name Flagship Derrick Lay Vessel at Singapore's Keppel Yard (Feb 19)
Company: Greatship Offshore Services Pte more info
- Lamprell Delivers New Jackup for Indian Drilling (Mar 05)
- Greatship Takes Delivery of New Geotechnical PSV (Jan 25)
- Dockwise Secures 8 Contracts to Transport Drilling Rigs, Dredging Equipment (Jan 29)