Technip, Subsea 7 Snag Australian Subsea Contract
Technip and Subsea 7 were awarded a subsea installation contract by Australia's largest publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company, Woodside Energy Ltd., for the Cossack Wanaea Lambert Hermes (CWLH) redevelopment project in Western Australia.
The CWLH redevelopment project involves the replacement of the oil-producing Cossack Pioneer floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) facility, located offshore in the Carnarvon Basin in Western Australia's north west, as well as the refurbishment of associated subsea infrastructure.
The Technip and Subsea 7 contract covers:
- project management,
- recovery of three risers and installation of three replacement risers,
- installation of 20 kilometers of flowlines,
- riser base rectification works, and
- pre-commissioning assistance.
The project team is based in Technip's office in Perth, Western Australia. The flowlines and risers have been manufactured in Le Trait, France, one of Technip's flexible pipe plants. Offshore installation is scheduled to start in the fourth quarter of 2010 using the Venturer, a construction vessel from Technip's fleet and the Nor Australis diving support vessel contracted to Woodside.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)