Esso Gets Green Light to Drill New North Sea Well
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Norway AS (Esso) has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the North Sea with Aker Barents semisub.
The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 25/10-10, which is part of production license 028S. The well is located about 107 nautical miles west of Stavanger and two nautical miles west of the Balder field. Water depth at the site is 123 meters.
According to the application for consent, the drilling activity is scheduled to start in February 2010. The activity has an estimated duration of 44 days.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)