Atwood Notes Richmond, Vicksburg Rig Contracts
Atwood Oceanics announced that the Richmond semisub, the Company's only drilling rig located in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, has been awarded a one-well contract (at a dayrate of $35,500) by Contango Operations Inc., the drilling of which will be managed by Applied Drilling Technology Inc.
The drilling of this well, expected to take around sixty days to complete, will commence immediately upon the rig completing its current commitment which is expected to extend to around mid-February 2010. Following completion of the Contango well, the rig will immediately commence drilling one well for Rooster Petroleum, LLC at a dayrate of $36,000. This well is expected to take around forty days to complete.
The Vicksburg (owned and operated by our wholly-owned subsidiary, Atwood Oceanics Pacific Limited) continues to work offshore Thailand under a contract commitment with NuCoastal (Thailand) Limited ("NuCoastal"). NuCoastal has exercised its option to add three additional months to the contract commitment which will now extend to June 30, 2010. The contract provides for a dayrate of $90,000 and includes one additional option for six months which must be exercised by April 1, 2010.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Contango Oil & Gas more info
- Contango, Crimson Exploration Pen Merger Agreement (Apr 30)
- Contango Mourns Loss of Founder (Apr 22)
- Contango Spotlights Year-End Results (Aug 29)
Company: NuCoastal more info
- Atwood Awarded Contract Extension for Vicksburg (Apr 26)
- Nucoastal Extends Contract for Atwood Vicksburg (Apr 15)
- Atwood Notes Richmond, Vicksburg Rig Contracts (Jan 20)