McMoRan Logs Additional Pay at Davy Jones
McMoRan noted that the Davy Jones ultra-deep well has been drilled from 28,263 feet to 28,603 feet and the well has been logged with pipe-conveyed wireline logs to 28,530 feet. The wireline log results indicated a new hydrocarbon bearing sand that totaled 65 net feet. A porosity (neutron/density) log will be necessary to quantify the porosity in this new sand member.
The new sand interval combined with the 135 feet of net pay announced on January 11, 2010 brings the total possible productive net sands to 200 feet in the Davy Jones well. Flow testing will be required to confirm the ultimate hydrocarbon flow rates from the well.
McMoRan operates the Davy Jones prospect, which was drilled by the Rowan Mississippi jackup, and is funding 25.7 percent of the exploratory costs and holds a 32.7 percent working interest and 25.9 percent net revenue interest. Other working interest owners at Davy Jones include: Plains Exploration & Production Company (NYSE: PXP - News) (27.7%), Energy XXI (NASDAQ: EXXI - News) (15.8%), Nippon Oil Exploration USA Limited (12%), W.A. "Tex" Moncrief, Jr. (8.8%) and a private investor (3%).
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: McMoRan Exploration more info
- McMoRan Touts 'Sizable Reserves' at Sub-Salt, Ultra-Deep Trend (Feb 20)
- McMoRan Preps Davy Jones Well for Fracking Ops (Jan 31)
- McMoRan's Latest Efforts at Davy Jones Site Meet 'Limited Success' (Dec 28)
Company: Plains Exploration & Production more info
- Noble, PXP Shake Hands on UDW Drillships for Gulf of Mexico (Apr 18)
- BP Sells Non-Strategic GOM Assets for $5.5B (Sep 10)
- PXP Posts Early Tender Offer Results for Senior Notes (Dec 01)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Energy XXI more info
- Energy XXI Gulf Coast Names New CEO (Apr 18)
- Houston Court Cuts into Delaware's Bankruptcy Business (May 11)
- Chesapeake Gets Credit Lifeline But Troubles Remain (Apr 15)