Operations at Storklakken Prospect Delayed
Aker Barents commenced drilling operations for Det norske on well 25/1-11 Storklakken in PL 460 on December 31, 2009.
The aim of these operations is to discover oil that can be tied back to a future installation on the Frøy field, and thus improve Frøy project economics.
The Aker Barents semisub has now completed the top section of the well and will go to shore to assemble six hydraulic cylinders. According to the rig contract, Det norske will not pay rig dayrates during this repair.
As a result of the yard-stay, Det norske expects that the Storklakken well will be completed in mid-March, compared to early February.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)