Det Norske Spuds Frusalen Prospect Off Norway
Drilling of the exploration well Frusalen in PL476, 5-10 km west of the Midgard Field on Halten Terrace has started. The well is being drilled by the rig Songa Delta, and the operator is Det norske. Results are expected in February.
The Frusalen prospect is situated in a prolific hydrocarbon province with several tieback possibilities to existing infrastructure. Noreco's updated resource estimate for Frusalen is 14-96 million barrels of oil equivalents gross, with gas/condensate as the most likely phase. Noreco has a 30% working interest in the license.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)