Sinopec, BP in Talks on Shale Gas Exploration in China
BEIJING (Dow Jones), Jan. 18, 2010
China Petrochemical Corp., or Sinopec Group, and BP PLC are in talks to cooperate in shale gas exploration and development in China, Sinopec said Monday.
"The talks are going smoothly," Sinopec said in its official newsletter, "this move could accelerate development in unconventional oil and gas fields with the help of foreign advanced conception and technology."
Sinopec has charted 2,000 square kilometers in Kaili, Guizhou province, in southwestern China and 1,000 square kilometers in Huangqiao, Jiangsu province, in eastern China as potential cooperation blocks, it said.
Copyright (c) 2010 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)
- Sinopec's Oil Refining Overcomes Continued Upstream Losses (Oct 30)