Wood Group Supplies Production Equipment to Rubiales Field
Wood Group has been selected by Meta Petroleum to provide approximately 200 electric submersible pumps (ESPs), 30 variable speed drives and downhole sensors for use in the Rubiales Field in Colombia. The three-year, multi-million dollar contract includes provision, maintenance and servicing of the equipment.
"The high efficiency ratings of our electric submersible pumps and low-harmonic variable speed drives will reduce Meta's potential energy consumption by up to 20 percent per pump," stated Gary Ford, president of Wood Group ESP. "The pumps, which will be the primary method of artificial lift in the Rubiales Field, will enable Meta to significantly reduce its operating expenses and increase its production."
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Meta Petroleum Ltd more info
- Seven Winners at 'Biggest Ever' Oil & Gas UK Awards (Nov 07)
- Wood Group Supplies Production Equipment to Rubiales Field (Jan 15)
- Pacific Rubiales Tags Accelerated Quifa Devt at $162MM (Nov 02)