Northern Preps Tiendeveen-1 for Testing Operations
Northern and its partners** announced that the Tiendeveen -1 exploration well has finished drilling and the completion string has been run in order to allow for future perforating, hydraulic fracturing and testing.
Additional time was required to overcome difficulties of squeezing salt, as well as a swelling clay section requiring the running of an extra casing interval. Weather conditions have also been extreme. Following further detailed analysis NPN* will be preparing and designing a testing and frac programme for those intervals interpreted as gas bearing.
"Tiendeveen is situated in the east of the Netherlands and is 3.8km from our Geesbrug gas field and pipeline on the Drenthe III license. If testing is successful Tiendeveen will be adding to our reserves and production from the Grolloo and Geesbrug fields. This clearly demonstrates the potential this region has to offer. With approximately 50% of Dutch daily energy needs being provided by natural gas, strong demand can be expected to continue," commented Derek Musgrove, Managing Director, Northern plc.
- ** Partners in the well are Northern Petroleum Nederland B.V. with 45%, EBN, the state oil company and Dyas B.V. with 40% and 15% respectively.
- * Northern Petroleum Nederland B.V. (NPN) is Northern's wholly owned subsidiary management company developing onshore oil and gas fields in The Netherlands.
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: EBN more info
- EBN Buys into Oil Production at Dutch North Sea Block (Aug 28)
- Northern Preps Tiendeveen-1 for Testing Operations (Jan 11)
- Northern Taps 307 BCF at Geesbrug Gas Field (Jan 07)
Company: Dyas BV more info
- Ithaca Says Stella Production Facility Undergoing Sea Trials (Jul 22)
- Lundin Finds Gas at Maligan Prospect Offshore East Malaysia (Mar 03)
- Lundin Farms Out Stakes in 3 PSCs Offshore Malaysia to DYAS (Feb 02)