CGGVeritas' Saudi Arabian JV Clinches OBC Contracts
CGGVeritas announced today that ARGAS, its Saudi Arabian joint venture owned 49% by CGGVeritas and 51% by TAQA, has been awarded two major Ocean Bottom Cable (OBC) 3D data acquisition contracts by Saudi Aramco. The two contracts have a combined value of around $375 million.
The first project is scheduled to start in June 2010 and operate for a period of 18 months while the second is scheduled to run from October 2010 for a period of 24 months; each contract respectively has an 18- and 24-month optional extension period.
The projects will cover an initial 6,000 sq km over the next three years and require operational expertise working in complex environments, such as producing oil fields and busy shipping lanes within the Saudi waters of the Gulf with depths ranging from 20 to 60 meters.
ARGAS will mobilize two fully independent OBC crews equipped with the latest Sercel SeaRay 4C equipment and recording systems. These fully offshore operations will be managed through a fleet of vessels equipped with CGGVeritas deployment and positioning systems geared to operate in such environments.
According to Robert Brunck, Chairman and CEO of CGGVeritas, "We are very pleased that Saudi Aramco is continuing its long-term relationship with CGGVeritas through this new award to our ARGAS joint venture with TAQA. These two major OBC surveys follow on from the successful completion by ARGAS of offshore projects for Saudi Aramco in 2009 which already covered close to 12,000 sq km in the Gulf. They also confirm the position of CGGVeritas as a worldwide leader in OBC acquisition."
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)