OSG Delivers First FSO to Al Shaheen Oil Field
On January 4, 2010, Overseas Shipholding Group delivered the FSO Asia, a 432,023 dwt Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) service vessel, to the Al Shaheen oil field offshore Qatar. The FSO was successfully hooked-up and has commenced operations for Maersk Oil Qatar AS (MOQ). The vessel is jointly owned by OSG and Euronav N.V. (Euronext Brussels: EURN).
Located in the Persian Gulf in waters measuring from 164 to 230 feet (50 to 70 meters) deep, the Al Shaheen oil and gas field is situated 50 miles (80 kilometers) off the coast of Qatar on Block 5 and the Block 5 Extension.
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
Company: Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) more info
- Maersk Secures FSO for Al Shaheen Field (Aug 20)
- OSG Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend (Apr 16)
- OSG Closes Public Offering of Senior Notes (Mar 30)