OSG Delivers First FSO to Al Shaheen Oil Field
On January 4, 2010, Overseas Shipholding Group delivered the FSO Asia, a 432,023 dwt Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) service vessel, to the Al Shaheen oil field offshore Qatar. The FSO was successfully hooked-up and has commenced operations for Maersk Oil Qatar AS (MOQ). The vessel is jointly owned by OSG and Euronav N.V. (Euronext Brussels: EURN).
Located in the Persian Gulf in waters measuring from 164 to 230 feet (50 to 70 meters) deep, the Al Shaheen oil and gas field is situated 50 miles (80 kilometers) off the coast of Qatar on Block 5 and the Block 5 Extension.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) more info
- Maersk Secures FSO for Al Shaheen Field (Aug 20)
- OSG Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend (Apr 16)
- OSG Closes Public Offering of Senior Notes (Mar 30)