ConocoPhillips Honors COSL Tool Pusher with Safety Award
The inaugural "Safety Ambassador Awards" for 2009 hosted recently by ConocoPhillips Company attracted participation from a number of internationally renowned oilfield service companies. COSL staff Sun Xutao, a senior tool pusher in the Penglai19-3 Project, has emerged as the only Safety Ambassador awarded in the China region.
This is the first time ConocoPhillips hosts nominations for "Safety Ambassadors" on a global scale to pay tribute to staff members and contractors who have been delivering outstanding performances in the area of safe operation. A total of six Safety Ambassadors from the US, Norway, the Middle East and North Africa, Australia, Indonesia and China have been named in this exercise.
COSL has always been highly vigilant in ensuring safety in all production and operation activities. The Company has established a comprehensive QSHE (Quality, Safety, Health and Environment) system and instilled a safety culture to every single staff members through a series of promotion and training programs. Sun Xutao has been endeavoring his efforts in maintaining a safe operation track record and training new colleagues in safety techniques over the years while he is serving in the Penglai19-3 Project, enabling him to win the Safety Ambassador accolade.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: China Oilfield Services Ltd (COSL) more info
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)