Statoil Gets Thumbs Up to Drill North Sea Well West of Vega
Statoil has received consent for exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using Diamond Offshore's Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 6608/10-14 S which is part of production license 128. The well lies approximately 165 kilometers west of the island of Vega and has the following geographical coordinates: N 66° 8' 58.5", E 8° 14' 45.7". The water depth at the site is 352 meters.
According to the application for consent start-up is scheduled for the end of January 2010. The operation has an estimated duration of 47 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)