Origin Encounters Good Gas Shows at Rockhopper-1
Origin Energy, on behalf of the T/18P Joint Venture, advised that on Tuesday, December 29, 2009, the current operation at Rockhopper-1 was running wireline logs. Since the last report, 769m of 8 ½" hole was drilled to a total depth of 3,522m.
The well has drilled through its reservoir target in the Lower Eastern View Coal Measures. Several discrete interbedded sand/shale intervals have been encountered in the target zone between 2,827m and 3,421m MD (2,649m-3,086m TVDSS) and good gas shows were recorded while drilling the sands. Logs acquired during drilling also show elevated resistivity through these sands indicating they are hydrocarbon bearing.
The type and commercial significance of the hydrocarbon shows recorded to date will be determined after a full suite of wireline logs have been run and wireline pressure and sample data recorded.
Rockhopper-1 is an exploration well located in exploration permit T/18P, operated by Origin some 38km west of the Yolla gas field at the BassGass Project and approximately 10km north-north-east of Trefoil 1.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Innamincka Petroleum more info
- Innamincka Restarts Flax Field's Production (Apr 01)
- Origin Encounters Good Gas Shows at Rockhopper-1 (Dec 29)
- AWE, Innamincka Take Bigger Bite of BassGas Project (Nov 11)