Statoil to Utilize Deepsea Atlantic in North Sea PL 054
Statoil has received consent to use the Deepsea Atlantic semisubmersible drilling rig in the northern part of the North Sea.
The consent relates to drilling of top hole sections and setting casings in well 31/2-12U. The well is part of production license 054.
The Deepsea Atlantic will have the following geographical coordinates: N 60° 50' 02.82", E 3° 30' 53.96". The water depth at the site is approximately 334 meters.
Activities are planned to start in December 2009 and are expected to last 28 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)