Lundin Gets Green Light to Drill North Sea Exploration Well
Lundin has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the North Sea with the Transocean Winner semisubmersible drilling rig.
The consent applies to the drilling of exploration well 16/4-5. Depending on the result, drilling of a sidestep and well testing may be relevant. The operation will have a duration of 50 to 86 days.
The well is part of production license 359 and has the following geographical coordinates: N 58° 43' 44.13", E 2° 17' 32.29". The water depth at the site is approximately 103 meters.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)