Keppel to Revamp Third Brazil-Based Drillship for Noble
Shortly after securing two drillship upgrading jobs from Noble Corporation (Noble) in late November 2009, Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd's (Keppel O&M) subsidiary, Keppel FELS Brasil, has won another contract from Noble to upgrade and repair a third Brazil-based drillship -- the Noble Muravlenko -- for US$152 million (S$213.8 million). This brings the total sum of drillship contracts secured in recent weeks by Keppel FELS Brasil from Noble to US$456 million (S$641.3 million).
The scope of work covers the fabrication, repair and replacement of components, including the stern section, accommodation blocks, sponsons and heliport. The work on the three drillships will be done sequentially. This will begin with the arrival of the first drillship at BrasFELS by early 2011 and is anticipated to conclude during the second half of 2013.
Chow Yew Yuen, President, Keppel Offshore & Marine USA, said, "We are greatly encouraged that Noble has chosen Keppel FELS Brasil again. We are confident of affirming their trust in our commitment to deliver the projects safely, on time and within budget.
"Today, as the most comprehensive offshore and marine facility in Latin America, BrasFELS is in a strong position to help meet Brazil's requirements for greater local content, and to give value to Petrobras and drillers operating in Brazil and the region.
"Backed by the collective strength and proven track records of our yards in the US Gulf of Mexico and Brazil, Keppel O&M is fully primed to be the choice offshore and marine partner for the Americas."
The above contract is not expected to have material impact on the net tangible assets or earnings per share of Keppel Corporation Limited for the financial years ending 2009 and 2010.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)