Nexen Taps West Alpha for North Sea Exploration Activities
Nexen Exploration Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with Seadrill's West Alpha semisub.
The consent relates to the drilling of well 35/9-5, which is part of production license 419. The well is located between Gjøa and Vega, about 70 km southwest of Florø.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61° 19' 28.90", E 3° 48' 45.19". The water depth at the site is 365 meters.
Planned start-up of drilling is set for December 19, 2009, and the activity has an estimated duration of about 45 days.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)