Bredford Dolphin to Spin Bit for BG in North Sea
BG Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea using the Bredford Dolphin semisub. The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 34/5-1, which is located in the Tampen area, about 25 km north-northeast of Snorre, and is part of production license 374S.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61° 44' 32.21", E 2° 35' 53.09". The water depth at the site is approximately 380 meters.
The plan is to commence drilling towards the end of December 2009. The activity has an expected duration of 75 days (dry well). If a discovery is made, the duration will be about 178 days (sidetrack drilling, logging, testing).
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)