Det Norske to Drill Appraisal Well 16/1-11 in Jan 2010
Det norske Oljeselskap ASA has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the North Sea using the Songa Delta semisub.
Appraisal well 16/1-11 is located in the northern North Sea about 30 kilometers southwest of Balder/Grane. The distance to Stavanger is 200 kilometers. The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 58° 55' 36.15", E 2° 11' 7.48". The water depth at the site is 112 meters.
The well is part of production license 001B, operated by Det norske. The other licensees are Statoil and BayernGas.
Start-up of drilling is planned for January 2010. The activity is expected to last for about 75 days, including testing and sidetrack drilling.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)