Stena Forth to Spin Bit in Greenland's Disko West Area
Cairn has secured a rig to allow it to commence a drilling program in the Disko West area, offshore Western Greenland, in 2H2010.
A sixth generation dynamically positioned drillship, the Stena Forth, has been contracted to start operations in the summer drilling season (June-October) on Cairn's Disko West acreage in Greenland subject to all required government approvals.
The Stena Forth is currently under contract to Hess Corporation. Cairn has reached agreement with Hess and Stena Drilling to take an assignment of the Stena Forth for a period of approximately six months.
Sir Bill Gammell, Cairn's Chief Executive, said, "We are delighted to have secured a rig that allows Cairn to move forward with its Greenland drilling programme in 2010, a year earlier than previously scheduled. We are now equipped to commence drilling with a vessel that offers considerable operational flexibility."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)