PTTEP, CNOOC Win Hassi Bir Rekaiz Block in Algeria
PTTEP Algeria Company Limited (PTTEP AG), a subsidiary of PTTEP, together with CNOOC International Limited, have been selected as the successful bidders of block Hassi Bir Rekaiz in Algeria 2009 Bid Round.
The consortium consists of PTTEP AG (the Operator) and CNOOC International Limited with the participating interests of 50% and 50% respectively. Block Hassi Bir Rekaiz is located in the Southeast Zone of Algeria with the approximate area of 5,670 square kilometers. It is approximately 115 kilometers east of the Bir Seba oil field, which is being jointly developed by Sonatrach (Algeria’s national oil company), PTTEP, and PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Corporation (PVEP).
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)