Yantai Raffles Achieves Heaviest Lift with Scarabeo 9
Yantai Raffles Shipyard has yet again completed another remarkable achievement achieving the world's heaviest ever commercial lift when it successfully lifted the deckbox of Saipem's Frigstad D90 semisubmersible drilling rig, Scarabeo 9, in front of over 400 international and domestic guests.
Saipem's Scarabeo 9 is a state-of-the-art sixth generation semisubmersible with a DP3 system which was built for ultra-deepwater drilling. Brian Chang, Deputy Chairman of Yantai Raffles said, "This is another major feat for Yantai Raffles and is an important milestone in the overall construction of Saipem's Scarabeo 9. Our 20,000 Metric Ton Crane TAISUN has now firmly realized its reputation as the lifting methodology of the future and we will continue to work closely with Saipem to meet their expectations.
"By using our patented award winning TAISUN Crane during the construction of the Scarabeo 9, we have greatly improved our efficiency, saving over 2 million man hours during the construction process, made significant project cost savings and by bringing the construction down
to the ground dramatically improved levels of safety."
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Yantai Raffles more info
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)