SKF Secures Maintenance Contract in UK North Sea
SKF has been awarded a new five-year condition based maintenance contract by Total E&P UK. In working globally with Total, SKF will in this contract provide condition based maintenance services covering a wide range of rotating equipment on Total's North Sea onshore and offshore assets.
The contract covers in-depth vibration data analysis, lubrication oil analysis and equipment process analysis as well as other specialist investigations for Total.
"This type of contract portrays the value added solutions SKF is able to offer in providing proven condition based maintenance solutions. SKF has the knowledge and the human resources to execute such challenges globally," said Vartan Vartanian, President of Service Division in SKF.
"We see our partnership with SKF as an important step in supporting our strategy of improving equipment reliability enabling us to reduce unplanned equipment downtime and helping with Total's commitment to meeting safety, health, environment and quality requirements," said Alan Messié, Operations Manager, Total E&P UK.
Unplanned equipment downtime can result in a significant loss of production per day on a typical oil platform, which makes condition based monitoring an important tool to secure equipment reliability.
- SKF Secures Maintenance Contract in UK North Sea (Dec 18)
- SKF Inks Global Reliability Services Contract with Transocean for 59 Rigs (Sep 03)
- Aker Kvaerner, SKF Sign Condition-based Maintenance Contract (Jun 11)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)