Shell Pipeline Taps Telvent for Advanced Pipeline Control System
Telvent has contracted with Shell Pipeline Company LP (Shell) to deliver a system to control the company's pipeline oil products transport network.
The new Telvent SCADA system will operate with full functionality from any of the geographically dispersed operations centers to control Shell's network of long-haul pipelines and complex interconnected systems - enabling redundant control to optimize uptime. The system is designed to be modified as needed to assure compliance with future industry and safety standards.
Built with open architecture- the solution integrates Telvent's advanced applications for tanking, metering, batch tracking, line balance, and alarming. The system shares critical business intelligence with departments across the enterprise.
The system is also augmented with Telvent's state-of-the-art operator training application, which helps operations teams achieve safety objectives.
"Telvent is proud and honored to have been entrusted with this contract award from Shell," said Manuel Sanchez, Telvent's Chairman and CEO. "We believe our technology will be a valuable resource for Shell."
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Telvent GIT S.A. more info
- Shell Pipeline Taps Telvent for Advanced Pipeline Control System (Dec 17)
- Telvent Upgrades One of Australia's Longest Gas Pipelines (Nov 17)
- Pemex, Telvent Ink Contracts Worth US$12mn (Feb 15)