Songa Mercur on Location at Lolotoe Prospect in Timor Sea
Oilex advised that the Songa Mercur rig arrived at the Lolotoe-1 well location on December 16, 2009 and was running anchors prior to spudding. The Lolotoe-1 well is the second well of a two-well program in the Timor Sea contract area JPDA 06-103.
The Lolotoe prospect is a robust 3 way dip faulted anticline having about 300 meters of vertical relief. The well is targeting a mean prospective oil resource of 90 million barrels (100% basis) in the primary objective Elang/Plover formations. The water depth at the proposed well location is 105 meters.
The reservoir objectives penetrated in the Lolotoe-1 well will be evaluated by a full suite of data including mudlog, real time drilling data and wireline logs after the well reaches total depth to determine presence of hydrocarbons. The well design does not include drill stem tests and will be plugged and abandoned when the evaluation is concluded.
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)