Technip Scores Schiehallion Gig in UK North Sea
Technip has been awarded two contracts by BP for the Schiehallion field development. The field is located in the North Sea, 175 kilometers (110 miles) west of the Shetland Islands, United Kingdom.
The first contract, which was recently completed, was on a lump sum/reimbursable basis and covered the design and manufacture of a 720 meter (2,400 feet) gas-lift flexible riser and a 770 meter (2,500 feet) water-injection flexible riser. The second contract, on a reimbursable basis, covers the installation of these risers, as well as pre-commissioning, tie-ins and testing.
Technip's operating center in Aberdeen, United Kingdom, is undertaking the contracts. Both risers were manufactured in the Group's flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France. Offshore Installation is scheduled for the second quarter of 2010.
These awards fall under a current agreement with BP to provide diving construction services for extensions to existing hydrocarbon field development projects in the North Sea.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)