GustoMSC Delivers 9 Proprietary Designs in 2nd Half of 2009
GustoMSC, a subsidiary of the SBM Offshore group, has about 30 of its proprietary designs still under construction. GustoMSC is a leading design and engineering company based in the Netherlands and involved in all types of mobile offshore units, including jackups, semisubmersible units and ship-shape vessels and turnkey delivery of associated equipment such as jacking systems and offshore cranes.
The following units were delivered in the 2nd half of 2009:
JB-114 & JB-115
These two construction jackups of the GustoMSC SEA2000 series have been delivered by Drydocks World -- South East Asia to Jack-up Barge BV in June 2009.
The Seajacks Leviathan, a GustoMSC NG2500-X unit, is a sister vessel of the Seajacks Kraken. The Leviathan was delivered by Lamprell Energy to Seajacks in June 2009. The unit is currently under contract for Fluor at the Greater Gabbard offshore wind farm.
The Maersk Reacher is number four of the GustoMSC CJ50-X100, delivered by Keppel FELS to Maersk Drilling in July 2009. This rig can operate in a water depth of 350 ft and, with its modern drilling equipment centered around the GustoMSC X-Y cantilever, has proven to be an efficient drilling unit. The first rig, Maersk Resilient, has commenced operations in February 2008 for Dubai Petroleum Establishment.
The Goliath, a GustoMSC SEA2000 unit, has been delivered by Iemants to GEOSEA in August 2009. The unit was on its first job one week after delivery to install Offshore Wind Turbines.
The Maersk Discoverer is of the DSS21 class, developed by GustoMSC and Keppel DTG as the top of the line DP drilling semi-submersible for deepwater development and exploration drilling. The Maersk Developer, the first of the series of three, is presently operating in the Gulf of Mexico for a 4 years contract with Statoil.
Naga 2 and Perro Negro 6
The Naga 2 and Perro Negro 6 are GustoMSC CJ46-X100-D jackup drilling units for 350 ft water depth. Both units were delivered by Drydocks World -- South East Asia to their respective owners UMW Singapore Drilling and Saipem, in September and October 2009. These units are part of a series of four at this yard.
The Gold Star is a DSS38 unit, developed by GustoMSC and Keppel DTG, delivered by Keppel FELS to the Brazilian operator Queiroz Galvão Óleo e Gás on October 27, 2009. The Gold Star and its sister unit Alpha Star will support Petrobras’ exploration and production activities offshore Brazil.
- Maersk Drilling to Sell Jackup (Nov 12)
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: UMW Holdings more info
- UMW Oil & Gas Seeks Drilling Contracts for 2 Newly Acquired Jackups (Feb 13)
- UMW Oil and Gas Pays $434M For Two Jackups (Feb 12)
- Keppel FELS Bags $218M Order for a Jackup from UMW Oil & Gas (Feb 07)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
Company: Seajacks International Limited more info
- Lamprell Delivers Fourth Self-Propelled Jackup to Seajacks (Jun 04)
- Lamprell Wins Seajacks Rig Contract (Jul 17)
- Seajacks to Add 2 Installation Jackup Vessels to Fleet in 2012 (Feb 25)