Marathon to Sell Stake in Angola's Block 32
Marathon announced that following the exercise of a right of first refusal by Sociedad Nacional De Combustiveis De Angola, E.P., (Sonangol), Sonangol's wholly owned subsidiary, Sociedad Pesquisa E Producao, S.A.R.L., has signed an agreement to purchase a 20 percent undivided working interest in Angola Block 32 from Marathon.
The terms of the agreement are the same as the previously announced transaction. The parties expect to close the transaction in January 2010.
Marathon will retain a 10 percent working interest in Block 32.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)