ShawCor Wins PNG Pipe Coating Contracts
ShawCor Ltd. announced Thursday that its pipe coating division, Bredero Shaw, has received contracts with a value of approximately US$170 million from Mitsui & Co. Ltd. to provide pipeline coatings and related products and services for the PNG LNG Project operated by Esso Highlands Limited. The PNG LNG project is located in Papua New Guinea. The contracts will be executed at Bredero Shaw's facilities in Kabil, Indonesia and Kuantan, Malaysia. These facilities are technology-based, full service coating plants that were built specifically to process large, complex projects in the Asia Pacific region.
The contracts involve coating approximately 900 km of 8" to 34" pipe that will be protected with three layer anticorrosion or dual layer fusion bonded epoxy coating and SureFlo internal coating as well as Rock Jacket mechanical protection and concrete weight coating. In addition Bredero Shaw has also received the contract for anode procurement and installation as well as custom coating.
ShawCor Ltd is an energy services company specializing in products and services for the pipeline and pipe services and the petrochemical and industrial segments of the oil and gas industry. The company operates through seven divisions with over seventy manufacturing and service facilities located around the world.
Bredero Shaw, ShawCor's largest division, is the global leader in pipe coating solutions and employs approximately 4,000 permanent and contract personnel located at offices and facilities in fifteen countries. The division provides specialized coating systems and related services for corrosion protection, insulation and weight coating applications on land and marine pipelines including highly engineered corrosion and insulation systems for deepwater applications.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
Company: ShawCor more info
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
- OTC Announces Technology Awards (Mar 08)
- ShawCor Snags Second Pipeline Gig for Ichthys LNG Proj. (Jun 29)