Trans-Orient Shareholders Check 'Yes' for TAG Oil's Acquisition
Trans-Orient Petroleum advised that at yesterday's Extraordinary General Meeting shareholders voted to approve the proposed business combination, pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia), whereby TAG Oil Ltd. (TSX-V: TAO - News) will acquire all of the issued common shares of Trans-Orient Petroleum Ltd.
More than 22.1 million votes were received out of an eligible 36.5 million shares with 99.86% of shares voted in favour of the business combination with TAG Oil.
Once the transaction is completed, Trans-Orient shareholders will receive 1 common share of TAG Oil Ltd. for every 2.8 common shares held of Trans-Orient.
Completion of the transaction with TAG is anticipated on or about December 15, 2009.
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- NZ-Focused TAG Oil Cuts Capex for Rest of FY16 Due to Low Oil Prices (Oct 15)
- TAG Prepares for NZ's Cheal East Field Development with New Pipeline Link (May 27)
Company: Trans-Orient Petroleum more info
- TAG Oil Clinches Acquisition of Trans-Orient Petroleum (Dec 16)
- Trans-Orient Shareholders Check 'Yes' for TAG Oil's Acquisition (Dec 10)
- Trans-Orient Plans 2nd Stage of Boar Hill-1 (Dec 07)