Iara Formation Tests Prove Area's Potential at 3-4B Barrels
Petrobras has announced the completion of the formation tests for well 1-BRSA-618-RJS (1-RJS-656), located in the area informally called Iara in the BM-S-11 appraisal area, situated in the Santos Basin pre-salt, offshore Brazil.
The formation tests at Iara have proven the area's exploratory potential through of the production of light oil, of approximately 28 degrees API, and have allowed the estimated recoverable volume for the Iara area to be maintained between 3 to 4 billion barrels of oil and natural gas, as announced after the drilling that was completed in September 2008.
The well tested is located in a water depth of 2230 meters and is located approximately 230 kilometers from the coast of Rio de Janeiro State. Due to the need to relocate the rig, Diamond Offshore's Ocean Clipper drillship, the test on the well was not fully completed and another well is planned to be drilled in this area in 2010.
The Consortium, formed by Petrobras (65% - Operator), BG Group (25%), and Galp (10%), will carry on with the exploratory activities and make the investments required to assess the field, pursuant to the Evaluation Plan approved by the ANP.
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
- Petrobras FPSO Achieves First Oil (Oct 24)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp To Start Drilling Exploration Well Offshore Portugal (Jul 02)
- Galp Says Little Impact From Portuguese Refineries Strike (Jun 14)
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)