CBI Clough JV Gets Go-Ahead to Construct PNG LNG Gas Facility
The CBI Clough JV PNG LNG gas plant contract has been approved. The contract scope includes the EPC work for the gas conditioning plant, nearby wellheads and associated piping and infrastructure, to be located in the Southern Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
The work will be performed by CBI Clough JV, a joint venture between US EPC contractor CB&I (65%) and Clough (35%). CBI Clough JV expects approximately 1,200 employees to be employed on this work during peak construction.
"We are delighted to be given the opportunity to continue to support the PNG LNG project," said John Smith, Clough's CEO. "This is a major undertaking and will require the combined resources and experience of Clough and CBI."
The PNG LNG project is an integrated development that includes gas production and processing facilities, onshore and offshore pipelines and liquefaction facilities. Participating interests are affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corp. (including Esso Highlands Limited as operator, 33.2%), Oil Search Limited (29%), Independent Public Business Corp. (PNG Government, 16.6%), Santos Limited (13.5%), Nippon Oil Exploration (4.7%), Minerals Resources Development Company (PNG landowners, 2.8%) and Petromin PNG Holdings Limited (1.2%).
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: CB&I more info
- McDermott International Closing CB&I Deal On Thursday, Saudi Arabia Is Key (May 11)
- China Catches 'New Wave' of Ethane Cracker Projects (Apr 18)
- Louisiana Methanol FEED Contract Goes to CB&I (Feb 05)