CBI Clough JV Gets Go-Ahead to Construct PNG LNG Gas Facility
The CBI Clough JV PNG LNG gas plant contract has been approved. The contract scope includes the EPC work for the gas conditioning plant, nearby wellheads and associated piping and infrastructure, to be located in the Southern Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
The work will be performed by CBI Clough JV, a joint venture between US EPC contractor CB&I (65%) and Clough (35%). CBI Clough JV expects approximately 1,200 employees to be employed on this work during peak construction.
"We are delighted to be given the opportunity to continue to support the PNG LNG project," said John Smith, Clough's CEO. "This is a major undertaking and will require the combined resources and experience of Clough and CBI."
The PNG LNG project is an integrated development that includes gas production and processing facilities, onshore and offshore pipelines and liquefaction facilities. Participating interests are affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corp. (including Esso Highlands Limited as operator, 33.2%), Oil Search Limited (29%), Independent Public Business Corp. (PNG Government, 16.6%), Santos Limited (13.5%), Nippon Oil Exploration (4.7%), Minerals Resources Development Company (PNG landowners, 2.8%) and Petromin PNG Holdings Limited (1.2%).
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: CB&I more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)