Statoil Gets Green Light to Drill with Scarabeo 5 on Morvin
Statoil has received consent to use the Scarabeo 5 semisub for drilling and completion of production wells on Morvin, which lies approximately 20 kilometers north of the Kristin field and 15 kilometers west of the Åsgard field.
Statoil will drill and complete up to four wells in two subsea templates on the seabed which will be connected to Åsgard B using an approximately 20 kilometer long pipeline.
The consent applies to the wells 6506/11-A-1 H, A-2 H, A-3 H and 6506/11-B-3 H. The water depth at the site is about 350 meters.
Planned start-up of the drilling activities is in December 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 390 days.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)