Statoil Gets Green Light to Drill with Scarabeo 5 on Morvin
Statoil has received consent to use the Scarabeo 5 semisub for drilling and completion of production wells on Morvin, which lies approximately 20 kilometers north of the Kristin field and 15 kilometers west of the Åsgard field.
Statoil will drill and complete up to four wells in two subsea templates on the seabed which will be connected to Åsgard B using an approximately 20 kilometer long pipeline.
The consent applies to the wells 6506/11-A-1 H, A-2 H, A-3 H and 6506/11-B-3 H. The water depth at the site is about 350 meters.
Planned start-up of the drilling activities is in December 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 390 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)