Total Snaps Up Stake in Tullow's French Guiana Acreage
Total announced the acquisition of a 25% interest in the Guyane Maritime Permit from Hardman Petroleum France SAS, an affiliate of Tullow Oil plc. The permit, located about 150 kilometers off the coast of the French Guiana, covers an area of approximately 32,000 square kilometers (km2) in water depths ranging from 2,000 to 3,000 meters.
This acquisition, which is subject to approval from the French authorities, complements Total's portfolio in deep water acreage in a new oil exploration region for the Group. In the permit, a 3D seismic acquisition program covering an area of up to 3,000 km2 is already underway.
"With the acquisition of an interest in the Guyane Maritime Permit, Total will be able to bring its expertise in deep water to an exploration program deployed in a French department," stated Yves-Louis Darricarrère, President, Exploration & Production.
Under the new partnership structure, Hardman Petroleum France SAS is operator of the permit with a 39.5% interest. Other partners are Shell Exploration and Production France SAS (33%), Total E&P Guyanne Française (25%) and Northpet Investments Ltd (2.5%).
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Northpet Investments Ltd. more info
- Total Snaps Up Stake in Tullow's French Guiana Acreage (Dec 08)
- Shell Adds Deepwater Acreage Offshore French Guiana (Nov 11)
- Hardman and Gaz de France Sign Guyane Farm-out (Nov 21)