Eni, Gazprom Welcome France's Entry into South Stream Project
Gazprom Chairman Alexey Miller and Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni signed, in the presence of the President of the Russian Federation Dimitrij Medvedev and Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, the agreement allowing the entry of France's EdF in the South Stream project, the gas pipeline system, currently under study, which will link Russia to the European Union across the Black Sea and will significantly contribute to improving the security of energy supply for Europe.
The agreement, in principle, welcomes EdF to participate in the South Stream project under conditions to be defined in the next months.
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
- Trump: US to Compete With Russia for Europe Gas Market (Jul 16)
Company: ENI more info
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)