Eni, Gazprom Welcome France's Entry into South Stream Project
Gazprom Chairman Alexey Miller and Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni signed, in the presence of the President of the Russian Federation Dimitrij Medvedev and Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, the agreement allowing the entry of France's EdF in the South Stream project, the gas pipeline system, currently under study, which will link Russia to the European Union across the Black Sea and will significantly contribute to improving the security of energy supply for Europe.
The agreement, in principle, welcomes EdF to participate in the South Stream project under conditions to be defined in the next months.
- US House Opposes Russian Gas Pipeline (Dec 11)
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)