Kan Tan IV Spins Bit at Origin's Rockhopper-1
Origin Energy reported that the Rockhopper-1 exploration well started drilling on November 30, 2009. At 0600 hours today, the well had reached a measured depth of 454 meters and was drilling ahead in 17-1/2" hole.
Rockhopper-1 is an exploration well which is located in the offshore Bass Basin within exploration permit T/18 P. The well is located approximately 38 kilometers west of the Yolla gas platform and BassGas project, 10 kilometers north of the Trefoil gas field and approximately 0.8 kilometers northwest of the Aroo-1 well, which contained gas shows on logs when drilled in 1974. The well is targeting gas within Eocene and Paleocene sands of the Eastern View Coal Measures.
Rockhopper-1 is planned as a deviated well, drilled directionally to intersect all reservoirs in a crestal position and has a planned total measured depth of 3,487 meters. If successful, Rockhopper-1 wellbore may be sidetracked downdip to obtain further reservoir and fluid pressure data.
At the conclusion of operations at Rockhopper-1, the Kan Tan IV rig will be released to conduct a drilling campaign in New Zealand.
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)