India Finalizes Farsi Gas Block Development Plan with Iran
Citing junior petroleum minister Jitin Prasada, Dow Jones Newswires reported Thursday that the Indian government is in the process of finalizing the master development plan with National Iranian Oil Co. for the Farzad-B gas field, located in Iran's Farsi block.
"Preliminary estimated investment as per the master development plan would be about $5.5 billion for sales gas option wherein gas production is contemplated for a period of 30 years," Prasada was quoted as writing in a reply to a lawmaker's query in the lower house of Parliament.
The Farzad-B gas field is estimated to contain 12.5 Tcf of gas reserves and is being commercially developed by a consortium comprised of ONGC Videsh Ltd., Indian Oil Corp. Ltd., Oil India Ltd. and NIOC.
- Indian Refiners Turn To Use Dirty Fuel To Produce Power, Gas (Dec 05)
- Indian Oil Aims For LNG Import Capacity Of 13.5 Million Tonnes In 5 Years (Oct 27)
- Sources: India's IOC Buys New US Crude Grades For December Delivery (Oct 10)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
Company: National Iranian Oil Company more info
- National Iranian Oil Co, Thailand's PTTEP Agree To Oilfield Studies (Dec 06)
- Britain Pushing to Ease Sanctions on BP Gas Field - Report (Sep 22)
- On the Table: Iran to Tender 8 Exploration Blocks (Mar 02)
Company: Oil India more info
- India, Iran Plan to Seal Deal to Develop Offshore Farzad B Field by October (Jun 06)
- India Launches Auction for 67 Small Oil, Gas Fields Under a New Bid Scheme (May 26)
- ONGC Plans to Drill 17 Exploration Wells in India's Shale Oil, Gas Blocks (Apr 26)