ERT Confirms Hydrocarbon Discovery in Deepwater GOM
Helix ESG announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Energy Resource Technology GOM (ERT), has made a Gulf of Mexico deepwater oil and gas discovery at the Mariner-operated Wide Berth prospect, formerly known as Jake, located in Green Canyon Block 490.
The discovery well was drilled to 13,504 feet in 3,740 feet of water by Diamond Offshore's Ocean America and encountered 134 feet of net oil and gas pay in a single sand interval. The well was conventionally wireline logged with multiple fluid samples recovered for confirmation of the hydrocarbon bearing zone. The well has been cased and temporarily abandoned for a future subsea completion. Following the discovery, Helix's estimate for this prospect is 50 to 75 Bcfe gross (100%), on a proved, probable, possible basis.
Development options are currently underway, including a potential joint development with a recent discovery made in the area. First production from the Wide Berth discovery is estimated to take place in mid 2011. ERT owns a 25% working interest in both the discovery well and Green Canyon Block 490.
ERT has made an additional new Gulf of Mexico shelf discovery at its 75% owned and operated South Timbalier 145 Field. The new discovery was drilled to a depth of 14,193 true vertical depth and logged approximately 20 feet of oil and gas pay. The well is currently being completed and is expected to commence production in December 2009.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Energy Resource Technology more info
- US Regulators Study Drilling in Shallow Water Following Blowout in July (Aug 06)
- BSEE Confirms ERT Stopped Leak in Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 15)
- ERT Stops Flow on Leaking Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 12)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)