Ithaca Assumes Full Operatorship of Stella Development
Ithaca Energy has closed on its previously announced transactions with Maersk Oil and Dyas on Stella and is now operator and therefore in control of the Stella development.
Ithaca paid Maersk Oil US $10 million at this final completion of its acquisition of the entire 33.33% working interest of Maersk Oil in Stella and the undeveloped satellite discovery Harrier and 50% working interest in Hurricane. Ithaca is now operator of all assets involved in the transaction. Ithaca shall pay Maersk Oil a further US $3 million at Field Development approval and US $5 million at first oil. Further details regarding this and related transactions may be found in the announcement dated October 28, 2009.
At the same time, Ithaca completed its sale to Dyas of 31.67% of Stella and in doing so received $8.7 million US dollars in final cash consideration (positively adjusted for working capital) from Dyas. This achieves full and final closing of the deals agreed with Dyas in October 2008 and April 2009.
Ithaca is currently finalizing plans with its partners and contractors in order to commence the drilling of a well on the Stella discovery before the end of December, which will be the subject of a further announcement.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Ithaca Energy more info
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)
Company: Dyas BV more info
- Ithaca Says Stella Production Facility Undergoing Sea Trials (Jul 22)
- Lundin Finds Gas at Maligan Prospect Offshore East Malaysia (Mar 03)
- Lundin Farms Out Stakes in 3 PSCs Offshore Malaysia to DYAS (Feb 02)