Aker Solutions Supplies Subsea Systems for P-55 at Roncador
Aker Solutions has signed two contracts to supply subsea connection systems for the P-55 platform, which will operate at the Roncador field offshore Brazil. Contract value is undisclosed.
The contracts were signed with Petrobras and Subsea 7, for the following scope of work:
- Petrobras: Three Plets (pipeline-end termination systems), two rigid jumpers, tools and accessories
- Subsea 7: Two sets of 12" Plets, one set of 12" ILT (t-shaped pipeline), tools and accessories
This equipment will be responsible for oil and gas pipelines interconnection of module 3 of the P-55 platform, which will start its activities in 2013 at the Roncador field in Campos Basin offshore Brazil.
With these two contracts Aker Solutions will be the sole supplier of connection systems for P-55 platform, with both sides of the P-55 utilizing the company's connection systems.
"Our experience in providing Plet connection systems, with over 30 units installed in Brazil, was a key factor to secure these partnerships," said Delio Lopes, sales manager for Aker Solutions in Brazil.
The Roncador Field is located in the north area of Campos Basin, around 125 km from the coast. It covers 111 square kilometers with water depths ranging from 1,500 to 1,900 meters.
Contract party is Aker Solutions do Brasil Ltda.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)